Date posted: March 24, 2018
Santa Clarita, CA
Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty Position
Review Date: April 12, 2018
College of the Canyons is seeking a faculty leader in the area of Theatre Arts. This is a 10-Month professional, full-time tenure track position beginning fall 2018. The position may include a combination of teaching, department, college, and community leadership functions. Assignment may include day, evening, and weekend duties at all District sites.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION
• Teaches a full load of courses in Theatre including, but not limited to, introduction to theatre, theatre history, directing, contemporary and period acting and management courses.
• Serves as a faculty leader for the department.
• Directs at least one production a year.
• Brings artistic vision, academic leadership, and management of the artistic process to the department.
• Participates in Season Selection Advisory Committee on production/curriculum choices for each season.
• Coordinates the audition and rehearsal process of all departmental productions, as well as liaising with appropriate offices for publicity of auditions and public performances.
• Provides academic, artistic, and administrative leadership in a team-oriented environment.
• Fosters a collegial and professional atmosphere, and represents the department effectively in the surrounding community.
• Employs traditional and distance learning technologies in lab, stage and classroom settings.
• Advises, assists, evaluates and mentors students.
• Evaluates and mentors faculty.
• Develops, revises and updates curriculum, keeping in mind the needs of transfer institutions, the community and/or business.
• Assesses student learning outcomes.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates student recruitment and retention programs and activities.
• Coordinates course offerings and class scheduling to facilitate student completion.
• Participates in and implements departmental and college program reviews.
• Collaborates with the faculty colleagues in department budget development.
• In collaboration with the faculty develops and coordinates resources in support of production and programs.
• Assists in marketing and development for the department.
• Coordinates with appropriate college offices to publicize the theatre program.
• Works with related areas in the Visual and Performing Arts School such as Music, Dance, and Media Entertainment Arts to coordinate curriculum and production.
• Maintains office hours and participates in department, division, and college committees and governance.
• Participates in additional faculty responsibilities, including college decision-making activities related to professional and academic matters. The activities will occur within the department as well as within the larger college setting.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information, click here.