Call for submissions for Athena Project Festival's Plays in Progress Series 2017
Athena Project--located in Denver, Colorado--is proud to announce the call for submissions for its Plays In Progress Series (PIP Series). This Series will take place in Denver at a location to be determined over the course of approximately March-April, 2017, as part of a larger arts festival celebrating the voices of female artists. Four new plays will be selected based on a blind submission process and given a dramaturg, director, cast and workshop level production during the Festival. One play from the PIP Series 2017 will be awarded a full production in March of 2018 based on a combination of a panel of judges and audience vote. Scripts are being accepted from March 4-April 15, 2016.
Submission Guidelines are as follows:
1. Playwright must be female and may only submit ONE full-length script.
2. The play must not have ever had a fully mounted production. Prior workshop presentations are accepted, but the script must be a new version since the time of the workshop.
3. Submission must include:
a. Full copy of script (without playwright contact info*)
b. Character breakdown (without playwright contact info*)
c. Short synopsis of script (300 word limit, without playwright contact info*)
e. Cover letter addressing what the playwright would like to accomplish with the workshop presentation and how she heard about the call for submissions
*Contact info must be listed ONLY on resume and cover letter, not on the script or any other documents (submissions will be read blind). All documents should include the Title of the Play, but no playwright contact information.
4. Plays submitted without all supporting materials included will be disqualified.
5. We recommend the playwright be able to travel to the area for rehearsals as needed if selected, and for at least one workshop production performance at their own expense. We will select 4 playwrights to participate in the PIP Series and hope to strike a balance between local and national work. Exact rehearsal and performance schedules will be worked out with the director, dramaturg, and playwright after all plays are selected.
6. Please submit your play via our website at www.AthenaProjectFestival.org
Please contact us via LiteraryManager@AthenaProjectFestival.org if you have any questions about submitting. You will receive a confirmation upon receipt of materials.
Please read the FAQ’s found on the website for more information and details/restrictions on submissions.
Deadline to submit all materials is midnight, April 15, 2016
Four finalists will be selected by September 2016
Directors and Dramaturgs will be selected by November 2016
Casting will be between December-January 2016/17
Rehearsals will begin in February 2017
Plays In Progress Series (part of Athena Project’s Arts Festival) opens approximately March 2017
CALL FOR OTHER ARTISTS’ SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2017 FESTIVAL WILL BE LATER THIS FALL. PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFO OR SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTERS FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION.
Leave a comment