This is an opportunity for an artist to apply dramaturgy into spaces where the practice might “innovative.” This grant is intended to push the boundaries of how dramaturgical work looks, sounds and functions. The applicant may propose partnership with any organization of their choice or produce independently. The Innovation Grant is available for any artist in the hemisphere regardless of age, education, social location, experience, background, and career goals.
There is no application fee. Proposals will be accepted from August 15, 2021, 12:00 AM through September 30, 2021, 11:59 PM PST. All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision, and the recipient will be notified by December 1st, 2021. Feedback may be provided on your application, regardless of the outcome!
Grant Amount: $1,500 to support your time and expenses
- What do you want to do and why (up to 200 words)?
- How is this project innovative (up to 200 words)?
- How do you plan to do it? Describe the time frame for your project, from beginning to the end (up to 200 words). Please illustrate the budget.
- How is this project connected with a community (up to 200 words)?
- What are the intended outcomes? How may you determine success (up to 200 words)?
If you are to partner with another artist or organization, please attach a signed Letter of Intent from them to demonstrate how they’ll support you (one page).
- If you self-identify as a dramaturg, you are a dramaturg. If you come from a culture that does not view dramaturgy as separate from other parts of the creative process, or does not have a word for dramaturgy, feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to have a conversation about how you and everyone around you commits acts of dramaturgy.
- Only one application per person.
- Although we welcome applicants from anywhere in the world, currently we can only process an application in English or Spanish. If you know another language, we are growing towards a system in which we can accept applications in languages other than English or Spanish, and we look forward to your application in the future.
- You have up to 200 words to answer each question. There will be equal consideration for what you write alongside how it’s written, so feel free to be yourself. Within the previously stated boundaries, say as much or as little as you need to be clear.
- At this time, we do not have the capability to review secondary materials such as videos or slideshows. Although their inclusion will not disqualify an application, they will not be reviewed. No letters of reference are needed - nor will they be read if sent.
- Send your application in PDF format to email@example.com, with your contact information inside. Please name the file “surname_firstname”.
- Your proposal must be for the project to take place between July 1st 2021 and June 30th 2022. However, if your partnership begins slightly before or after those dates, we can accomodate.
- We would like to receive a page long report each month across your project’s development to see how it’s progressing.
- The grant recipient is required to sit on the next year’s adjudication panel.
Feel free to peruse the criteria for strong applications that our panelists evaluate by:
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Roxanne Ray and C. Austin Hill, VP’s of Grants and Awards, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't receive an acknowledgement of your application within 7 days, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!
To include in your PDF file:
- APPLICANT INFORMATION
- Name of Applicant: ___________
- Phone: ______________
- Email: __________________
- IF DOING A PARTNERSHIP
- Name of Organization or Artist: ___________
- Mailing Address:__________________________
- Phone: ______________
- Web Site: _______________
- Contact & Title ______________________________
- Contact Phone: ___________
- Email: ____________________