Performance Outside the Proscenium
International Performing Arts Conference
Members and Non-Members Welcome
July 20-24, 2022 • Online & Philadelphia, PA, USA
On the Traditional Lands of the Lenni-Lenape
Philly Metro Region
For over 20 years, LMDA has been at the forefront of creating connections, building bridges, and supporting the rigorous exchange of ideas across the performing arts in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada. While LMDA was originally an organization for literary managers and dramaturgs, it has bloomed into an in-person and virtual platform that supports all dramaturgically-minded performing artists and administrators - no matter how they identify in terms of artistic labels or where they live.
Early Bird Registration rates end on May 31. Register now to save $25-75 on Conference packages. If you are attending with a Service Companion or other Support Individual, they get in free.
LMDA’s mission with the 2022 ground-breaking gathering is to ignite a global conversation about the impact / purpose / process / evolution of work outside of the traditional “theater” space. This conference will ask participants to examine how space impacts the dramaturgy of the work, and how work lives, breathes, and evolves in different locations. For example, we will be discussing digital theatre, touring shows, cabaret, circus, online performance, outdoor theater, site specific work, burlesque, museum performance, installation performance, and more.
In addition, to keep the conversation going beyond the Conference and across the field, LMDA has partnered with the Network of Ensemble Theaters (NET), Directors Gathering (DG), and the Theatrical Sound Designers and Composers Association (TSDCA). Anyone who registers for the 2022 LMDA Conference will have the opportunity to activate a free membership to each organization. Details will be available in your registration confirmation email. Also, all LMDA members can receive a discount for memberships to TCG and NPX. Check your member benefits for details.
Conference Schedule Overview
- May 31: Last Day for Early Bird Discounted Registration
- June 1-June 24: Regular Registration for In-Person Conference Options
- June 30: Deadline to Apply to be an In-Person Conference Volunteer
- June 1-August 1: Regular Registration for Digital Conference Options
- July 20: Last Day to Register for Gala unless we sell out sooner (open to public) Conference Begins!
- July 20: All async videos released for Digital Conference Participants
- July 21: Online day of content on Zoom, free to All LMDA Members and Conference Participants
- July 22: In-person Philly activities, free to All LMDA Members and Conference Participants (locations ADA compliant)
- July 23: In-person Philly activities (locations ADA compliant)
- July 24: In-person Philly activities (locations ADA compliant)
- July 24 PM: Annual Gala, $50/per person, open to public (location ADA compliant)
- August: If any of the async video presenters want to do a Zoom live Q&A then we will schedule them for August. All Digital Conference Participants will receive an invitation to these events.
Here are links to more details about the Conference:
What Else Can I See in Philadelphia?
Conference Chair: Jacqueline
Si necesita esta información en Español, comuníquese con: firstname.lastname@example.org.